StrongStart programs are free. Â TheyÂ provide safe rich learning environments designed specifically for children from birth to pre-kindergarten. Â StrongStart programs focus onÂ early learning development – language, physical, cognitive, social and emotional growth. Â Qualified Early Childhood Educators lead learning activities where children find opportunities to make friends and interact with others of similar ages. Â Early Childhood Educators are also able to answer parent/caregiver questions about early learning development..
The overall learning experience in a StrongStart Center is a shared experience, one where parents/caregivers attend with their child and are encouraged to get involved in activities like telling stories, playing games and serving healthy snacks. Â This freeÂ early learning drop-in program helps prepare children for success in Kindergarten.
Each StrongStart Center has its ownÂ monthly calendar, indicatingÂ center hours and notice of special activities. Â Calendars are availableÂ on this website and at each center. Â Healthy nut-freeÂ snacks are provided at no charge. Â Each center has scheduled gym time. Â Please bring along non-marking inside shoes to wear in the center and gym. Â We request that parentsÂ leave coffee or other hot drinks at home and turn off cell phones.
School District 60Â has:
- 3Â StrongStart Centers which operateÂ Monday – Friday: Â Robert Ogilvie Elementary School. Duncan Cran Elementary School, & Hudson’s Hope Elementary Secondary School;
- 3 outreach programs which operateÂ one day/week (with the exception of Prespatou, which is currently open two days/week): Â Taylor Elementary School, Â Prespatou Elementary-Secondary School, Buick Creek Elementary School
- 1 Virtual Community of Support for Early Learning: Â Northern BC Distance Education School.
Join us at anyÂ of our centers to learn new ways to support your childâ€™s learning, get information about community programs and services, and make valuable connections with others attending the program.
Participants will be asked to complete a registration form and provideÂ documentation of theÂ child’s proof of age (Birth Certificate, BC ID, Passport, Perm. Res. Card, or Immigration Doc ). Â Once registered, parents and children can attend any StrongStart Center. Â To download and print StrongStart Registration Forms, please chose a centre:
Duncan Cran, Robert Ogilvie, Hudson’s Hope, Virtual Community of Support for Early Learning: Â SS Registration Full Time Centres 2019 2020
Taylor, Prespatou, Buick Creek: SS Registration Form Outreach Sept 2019 2020
Duncan Cran StrongStart:Â 8130 89 ave, Fort St. John, BC
Mon – Fri. mornings 8:30 – 11:30 am
- Griff Peet, Principal &Â Lana Scott-Moncrieff, Early Childhood Educator, at (250)787-0417.
Robert Ogilvie StrongStart:Â 9907 86 st, Fort, St. John, BC
Mon/Tues/Fri. mornings 8:30 – 11:30 am
Tues/Thurs afternoons 12:30 – 3:30pm
- Karen Gonzales, Principal &Â Pam Essensa, Early Childhood Educator, at (250)785-3704.
Hudson’s Hope Elementary School 10114 Holland St., Hudson’s Hope, BC
Mon -Fri mornings 9:00 am – 12 pm
Hudson’s Hope StrongStart Centre:Â 10441 Holland St. Hudson’s Hope, BC
- Derrek Beam, Principal &Â Natilie Pringle, Early Childhood Educator, at (250)783-9994
The outreach programs, located in rural areas, have gym time during their program.
Taylor Elementary School: Â 9808 Birch Avenue E, Taylor, BC
Monday mornings 9 am – 11:30 pm
- Craig Brownlee, Principal &Â Suzanne Currie, Early Childhood Educator, at (250)789-3323
Prespatou Elementary/Secondary School:Â 22113 Triad Rd Prespatou, BC
Tuesday &Â WednesdayÂ mornings 9:00 am – 11:30 am
- Glenn Longley, Principal &Â Barb Frose, StrongStart facilitator, (250)630-2241
Buick Creek Elementary School: Â 154 Road Buick Creek, BC
- Glenn Longley, Principal &Â Joy Hanna, StrongStart facilitator, (250)630-2241
The Virtual Early Learning Program is a free program offered to families with children aged 0-5 years who are living in a rural/isolated community. Weekly group sessions will be held on-line with children and a Early Childhood Educator to focus on key areas of learning such as numeracy and literacy. As well, parents will have an opportunity to network with other parents on-line to support early learning.
For more informationÂ please contact:Â Deb Wormley, Early Childhood Educator firstname.lastname@example.org