Early Learning Ideas for Home
For the week of May 27th- June 3
Things we can do Everyday:
These are activities that you may already be doing or that you can build off of and make them yours. See where it takes youâ€¦
- Have Breakfast outside on the deck or in the backyard on a blanket enjoying the morning soundsâ€¦ â€œwhat do you hear?â€, â€œWhat do you see?â€ and are they different to what you see and hear in the afternoon or evening?
Playful Literacy Ideas:
Decide which activity youâ€™d like to do or do them all this week. Here are some great Summer time activity themed stories:
- From Youtube Llama Llama Learns to Swim
- From YouTube And then Summer Comes….
- Hereâ€™s a great playful literacy for kids of all ages. From Pinterest: Letters in Bag
Playful Numeracy Ideas:
Decide which activity youâ€™d like to do or do them all this week.
- Try making your own puzzle. Hereâ€™s one you can print and cut up. Have your child arrange it either by the picture or by the numbers on the bottom. There is even a second page where they can draw their own picture and make a puzzle out of it! Click the link from Pinterest: Make your own puzzle
Art and Craft Ideas
- Let’s go fly a kiteâ€¦ This site shows you how to make your own kite!!! How to make a Kite!
- Try making some â€œStained Glassâ€ with this craft from Pinterest: Stained Glass
Some Cool Science:
- Hereâ€™s a great wind experiment. All about â€œseeingâ€ the wind, using a homemade pinwheel. From Pinterest Pinwheel Experiment
A Moment for Parents
These are links and/or ideas for parents to support their early learners while at home.