Early Learning Ideas for Home
For the week of May 20th-27th
Things we can do Everyday:
These are activities that you may already be doing or that you can build off of and make them yours. See where it takes you…
- Read, read, read-read stories with your child or have your child read to you. Talk about the story throughout, have your child predict what will happen next.
- At family meal time, share your “High” and “Low” of the day or your “Sweet” and “Sour” (Best part/not so great part).
Playful Literacy Ideas:
Decide which activity you’d like to do or do them all this week. Here are some great “Spring” themed stories:
- From YouTube and National Geographic Kids: Everything Spring
- From YouTube: Spring is Here Song
- From YouTube: Bear Wants More
Playful Numeracy Ideas:
Decide which activity you’d like to do or do them all this week.
- Try going outside and collecting some rocks and using them in this really cool way of making shapes or just letting your child see what they can make with the lines.
From Pinterest: Rock Shapes
- Try going outside and instead of making the regular old “Hop-Scotch”. Make some shapes with your chalk and try playing “Shape-Scotch”.
Here’s the Link from Pinterest: Shape Jumping Game
Art and Craft Ideas:
- Collect and paint rocks-place them in your garden or play hide ‘n seek around the yard. Painting too messy, use paint brushes and water!
- Here is a really cool recipe for Chalk Paint for those nice outside days. From Pinterest: Chalk Paint
Some Cool Science:
A Moment for Parents
These are links and/or ideas for parents to support their early learners while at home.