Early Learning Ideas for Home
For the week of May 27th- June 3
Things we can do Everyday:
These are activities that you may already be doing or that you can build off of and make them yours. See where it takes you…
- Have Breakfast outside on the deck or in the backyard on a blanket enjoying the morning sounds… “what do you hear?”, “What do you see?” and are they different to what you see and hear in the afternoon or evening?
Playful Literacy Ideas:
Decide which activity you’d like to do or do them all this week. Here are some great Summer time activity themed stories:
- From Youtube Llama Llama Learns to Swim
- From YouTube And then Summer Comes….
- Here’s a great playful literacy for kids of all ages. From Pinterest: Letters in Bag
Playful Numeracy Ideas:
Decide which activity you’d like to do or do them all this week.
- Try making your own puzzle. Here’s one you can print and cut up. Have your child arrange it either by the picture or by the numbers on the bottom. There is even a second page where they can draw their own picture and make a puzzle out of it! Click the link from Pinterest: Make your own puzzle
Art and Craft Ideas
- Let’s go fly a kite… This site shows you how to make your own kite!!! How to make a Kite!
- Try making some “Stained Glass” with this craft from Pinterest: Stained Glass
Some Cool Science:
- Here’s a great wind experiment. All about “seeing” the wind, using a homemade pinwheel. From Pinterest Pinwheel Experiment
A Moment for Parents
These are links and/or ideas for parents to support their early learners while at home.