Early Learning Ideas for Home
For the week of June 3-10
Things we can do Everyday:
These are activities that you may already be doing or that you can build off of and make them yours. See where it takes you…
- Pack a picnic together and enjoy in your own back yard or a park that is safely open! Have your child help decide the menu and prepare your snacks and lunch.
- It is important to take care of ourselves in order to take care of others. Check out this Pinterest link for vision boards First Love Yourself
Playful Literacy Ideas:
Decide which activity you’d like to do or do them all this week. Here are some great ideas and “Summer” themed stories:
- This is always a June favourite. Read out loud by the author: Beach Day
- From YouTube The Rainy Day
- Singing, dancing and actions from YouTube Singing in the Rain
- A great outdoor activity for keeping cool with the abc’s Alphabet Letter Splash
Playful Numeracy Ideas:
Decide which activity you’d like to do or do them all this week.
- Some delicious numeracy fun you can eat: Frozen Banana Pops
- Use various items (blocks, small animals, toys or even kitchen utensils) and a large piece of paper to create a Giant Shape Match
Art and Craft Ideas:
- Check out this Pinterest link for some cool science art: Rainbow Rainy Day Art
- Many have had fun doing stained glass windows this winter/spring…how about on a larger scale on the sidewalk or driveway. Check out this idea on the following Pinterest link: Sidewalk Chalk Stained Glass
- Make sponge water bombs play outside in the yard; Click on the following link from Pinterest: Sponge Water Bombs
Some Cool Science:
Here are some cool simple science activities:
A Moment for Parents
These are links and/or ideas for parents to support their early learners while at home.